A Family Holiday in Antarctica
Experience the holiday season like never before during this 13-day expedition to Antarctica and discover the great white continent’s breathtaking natural beauty. Come face-to-face with penguins and seals in the South Shetland Islands before cruising amidst huge glaciers and icebergs along the Antarctic Peninsula. Not only will you discover the region’s rich biodiversity but you will encounter humanity’s long quest to understand this wild corner of the world.
Mornings on Board the MS Seaventure
Images & Videos
Arrive in Ushuaia
Fly into the world’s southernmost city, Ushuaia, where you’ll be staying at the Arakur Resort & Spa, the perfect setting to unwind and overcome any jet lag. Nothing is on the itinerary for the first day, meaning you can arrive at any time that suits you.
Spend the day exploring the cultural museums and leather markets of Ushuaia or opt to just unwind in the comfort of the resort. There will be an optional briefing in the evening where you’ll have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have and get to meet some of your fellow travelers for the adventure that lies ahead.
After another morning to spend as you please in Ushuaia or at the resort, you’ll be transferred to the ship in the mid-afternoon. Here you’ll be greeted by our Expedition Team and have time to settle into your cabin before reconvening for an orientation briefing and the Captain’s welcome dinner that evening.
As we make our way across the legendary Drake Passage, join our Polar Experts for a series of engaging lectures about Antarctica’s wildlife, geology, and human exploration. You may opt to participate in our Citizen Science program by recording wildlife along the way, including whales and seabirds that follow the ship on its journey. You’ll notice the temperature drop as we cross the Antarctic Convergence and officially arrive in Antarctic waters.
South Shetland Islands
Volcanic in origin, the South Shetland Islands are our playground for the next two days, with their wildlife abundance and natural beauty spellbinding. Our inflatable Zodiacs will enable you to explore as much of the archipelago’s dramatic coast as possible while enjoying a front-row seat watching the resident seabirds in action.
Finally, we arrive in Antarctica where we’ll enjoy three full days exploring the continent’s stunning bays, harbors, and channels. You’ll have the opportunity to stop at several historic landing sites and scientific bases to learn about humankind’s long associations with Antarctica and spot everything from penguins to seals and whales along the coast.
After some incredible experiences in the world’s southernmost continent, it’s time to make the return journey north across the Drake Passage towards Ushuaia. Spend your days relaxing on board before a farewell meal and a slideshow to celebrate your adventure.
Disembarkation in Ushuaia
Your expedition comes to an end as we arrive back in the port of Ushuaia where you’ll disembark in the morning. You may opt to fly back to Buenos Aires the same day or spend more time exploring the wondrous landscapes of Patagonia.
Dates & Rates
|Dates||Adult (USD)||Child (USD)|
|Dec 20, 2021 to Jan 01, 2022 |
Rates vary by cabin, please inquire for exact pricing
|Dec 19, 2022 to Dec 31, 2022 |
Rates vary by cabin, please inquire for exact pricing
Activities During Voyage
- Kayaking - $895 additional. Please sign up at the time of booking as space is extremely limited.
- Camping - $295 additional. Please sign up at the time of booking as space is extremely limited.
- Citizen Science - Included
- Photography - Included
MS Seaventure - Rates by Cabin
Dec 20, 2021
Dec 19, 2022
ALL ANTARCTIC VOYAGES INCLUDE:
PRIOR TO DEPARTURE:
- Two pre-voyage hotel nights in Ushuaia for all departures which embark in Ushuaia
- For the Nov 3, 2021 and Nov 1, 2022 departures only: One pre-voyage hotel night* in Puerto Madryn
- *These departures also include a post-voyage hotel night in Ushuaia
- Transfer from airport in embarkation city to group hotel if arriving on Day 1 of itinerary, and providing we have your confirmed air itinerary at least 60 days prior to departure
- Transfer from group hotel to ship for embarkation
ON BOARD ISLAND SKY AND SEAVENTURE:
- Shipboard accommodations
- All meals on board
- All alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (some super premium brands excluded)
- Coffee/Tea/Cocoa 24 hours a day
- All scheduled landings and excursions
- Our Citizen Science program: participation in a variety of scientific activities that support important research projects
- Expedition jacket (yours to keep)
- A pair of loaner boots for use during the voyage
- WiFi from the public computers
- 200 MB WiFi card for use on your personal devices
- Daily international news service
- All port fees
- All landing fees
- Digital Voyage Log
- Group transfer from ship to airport, hotel in Ushuaia, or central location following disembarkation.
- Please note we cannot drop at Airbnb / private homes which are often inaccessible for our transfer vehicles.
- For the Nov 3 2021 and Nov 1 2022 departures only, one post-voyage hotel night in Ushuaia.
VOYAGES DO NOT INCLUDE:
- Any airfare or travel expenses associated with arrival in Ushuaia or Puerto Madryn other than those listed above
- Transfer from airport to group hotel, unless arriving on Day 1 of the itinerary
- On the Nov 3, 2021 and Nov 1, 2022 voyages, departure transfer from hotel to airport in Ushuaia
- Pre- or post-voyage expenses in Ushuaia or Puerto Madryn
- Travel insurance; medical insurance; evacuation coverage
- Laundry and personal expenses incurred on board
- Onboard communication charges such as outgoing phone calls, WiFi from personal devices in excess of the 200 MB provided
- Staff gratuities
The beautiful MS Seaventure boasts a 1-A Super icre class rating, top ice class honors among vessles designed for passenger travel. Thoughtfully designed, the MS Seaventure offers exterior facing rooms, some even including balconies. The common areas aboard the ship are thoughtfully desgined to offer beautiful, calming and collaborative spaces. Some passenger favorite features include the Citizen Science lab, fitenss center, library, sauna and heated saltwater pool on the top deck!
- Passengers: 164*
- Crew: 90 (includes Staff)
- Built by: Mitsubishi Shipyard, Kobe (Japan)
- Built in: 1990
- Reimagined: 2019
- Refurbished: Spring 2021
- Manager: RsR Nemo Ship Management, Cyprus
- Registered in: Limassol, Cyprus
- Length: 111,5 m
- Width: 17,0 m
- Tonnage: 6 752 GRT
- Class: B.V. Ice Class 1A Super (highest available)
- Stabilization: Retractable-type Fin Stabilizers (11 m2 ea)
*To enhance our guest experience, we carry a maximum of 139 passengers. In an effort to accommodate rebooking preferences, some voyages may carry up to 149
- Two Elevators serving all passenger decks
- Library with computers
- Fitness Center and Sauna
- Heated salt-water swimming pool
- Citizen Science Laboratory
All Staterooms Feature:
- Exterior views
- Sitting area with chairs or sofa and table
- Complimentary Mini-Bar
- Flat Screen TV
- Safe to store your valuables
- Independent temperature controls
- Luxury toiletries
- Hair dryer